Wednesday 4 May 2011

Feedback from Sherry Adhami (Beat Bullying)

I had a call from Sherry to discuss feedback of my animation. She thinks the idea of using animation to try and allow an audience to empathise with the character is great, and the story content relates to a wide audience. She has advised me that on order for this to be suitable for TV advertising, it would need to be cut down to around 30 seconds. She still thinks the animation I have now is good, but perhaps making a shorter version of it aswell in the future. The one thing she think would enhance the story more, is providing Jaime with some sort of solution at the end, or a positive spin on the narrative. I do understand why this could add to it, but ultimatly I want this animation to be dark, and depressing for the very reason that this can be how people live their lives as the result of bullying.

The message intends to show an audience that this could happen, not 'will' happen as a result of bulliyng. Overall though Sherry had some postive feedback, which does make me happy, that the character of Jaime could be cared for. The most challenging aspect of the practical project, was to create empathy for a character which you do see sitting in a chair, there is no action as such, just emotion. I think the fact Sherry wants something good to happen to Jaime means that there is sympathy for Jaime, and Sherry agrees that the narrative content is hard hitting, and cover a lot of areas, so there is potential for character empthay.

I'm also pleased that she asked if she could contact me to talk about it, when the most I was hoping for was an emailed response. This is a good sign that all the hard work is paying off.

No comments:

Post a Comment